Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Girls just wanna have fun...

Do you remember those plastic bead necklaces?  You know...the ones with big plastic beads that you could snap together to make a bright necklace or bracelet?  For years, little fashionistas everywhere have been creating their own style and making fashion statements.  As those little girls grow, their need to create does not dissolve.  If anything, their appreciation for jewelry only increases with time. And who needs to wait on Prince Charming when all things shiny are right around the corner?

A few weeks ago Holly, Kate, Jenny (Holly's niece) and I made a trip to a local jewelry creation store.  There we were able to create unique pieces of wearable art.  The hardest part was choosing the beads.  There were literally thousands to choose from!
I watched as the others began their creations.  Meanwhile, I walked around with my tray just as empty as when I started.  I knew I wanted a bracelet, but that was the only thing I knew.  Many different beads made it to my tray only to be disappointed as I tossed them back.  After what seemed like hours in an extremely hot store (their air conditioning was not working and it was like 110 degrees outside!)  I finally made my selection.

I did not get a picture of the finished products...just be assured that they were all unique!  It was fun and I would like to do it again. Thanks girls for an enjoyable time!

No comments:

Post a Comment