Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beach Diaries - Day 7

Okay...so I am a little late with this one! It's not my fault, really.  I was determined to enjoy every last minute of vacation - and I mean every. last. minute.  So there was no time for blogging Friday night and then I spent the entire day on Saturday in the truck.  But here I am on Sunday, with laundry up to my ears, mail out the ying-yang and an empty refrigerator.  But I am not going to let my readers down (all three of you).  You will get the final beach post.

Friday morning we headed to a flea market.  I was excited about finding some cool antiques or old furniture.  It wasn't meant to be.  This flea market was full of junk things other people might really like.  However, I did not come away empty handed.

Let me back up a few years...three years to be exact.  My mom, sisters and I went to a flea market.  There, my sisters and I all bought matching sunglasses.  Tammy got brown, Kerry got black and I got white. 

 Don't we look cute?  But this was three years ago, so needless to say, it was time for a new pair.  Luckily the flea market is just the place to find cheap sunglasses.

Tammy got brown, Kerry got black and I got white (sound familiar?).
Whew! Can you tell how bad the humidity was?  Just look at my hair - I can't believe I am putting this picture on my blog!  Maybe I should have bought a hat instead!


Stay tuned...in approximately 3 years we'll be back!

Did I tell you that Dakota loves the beach too?  Well, he does.  He has been to the ocean several times and just loves it.  We throw his football in the water and he chases it. It's fun to watch him with the waves.  He is very smart.  He watches the waves and has never been tumbled over. He brings his ball back and begs for more.

Shawn wanted to play one last time too.  It will be another year until we get to the beach :(

We had a fabulous week.  I love my family and the time we spend together.  Buddha once said, "A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.  If these minds love one another, the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden.  But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden."  Here's to a beautiful flower garden!

Ya'll come back now, ya hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment