Friday, June 24, 2011

What are you reading?

I am a reading teacher, therefore I read...Or...I read, therefore I am a reading teacher.  However you put it, I love to read.  When I was in school I read novels - mostly teenage life kind of novels. As I have gotten older (easy now, I'm not that old!) I have expanded my book shelf to include titles that are a little out of my comfort zone.  And you know what...I have found some books that I just love!  Autobiographies, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction - not typically books I would gravitate towards at the book store. But I have learned that there are so. many. good. books.  I have a stack on my shelf that I want to read this summer.  Do you?  What are you reading?  Leave me a comment letting me know what you are reading and/or your favorite book.

I am currently reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  A fellow dog lover recommended it to me and so far it's great.

Here's a list of books that I have recently read  (within the past year).  Maybe you'll find something you like from this list.

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picolt
House Rules by Jodi Picolt
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (possibly one of my all time favorites!)
The Noticer by Andy Andrews
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Hotel of the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
City of Thieves by David Benioff
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

These are all great books of different genres.  Go on...step out of your comfort zone and try someting new.  You might like it!

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. ~ Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "There's no Place Like Here" by Cecelia Ahern. It's about a woman who discovers this world where missing things go.
    ~Lauren D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading an awesome blog called "Let's Face It!" Let me tell you...it is good reading! Ha! Your post has made me want to take a trip to the library and get stocked up on some good books. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete