Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thanks-A-Million

Yesterday I found out that my school is going to be two people short next year.  Our truancy officer's office is literally inside my  classroom.  I see her and talk to her everyday.  Her job is now being eliminated.  It stinks to work so closely with someone who now has fallen victim to the economy.  I will miss her and I wish her all the best.  She is very talented in many areas, so I am sure she won't be down for long. 

I also found out yesterday that one of our assistant principals will be leaving our building.  The district is rearranging some of the assistant principals which will leave our building one principal short.  I can't imagine what it will be like with one less administrator.  I know our whole school will miss him.  He is a treasure! 

I wanted to find a way to say thank you to these wonderful co-workers.  I saw this idea in a book a long time ago and thought I would try it.  It is a bouquet of money themed candy with a card that reads "Thanks a million!"  It is quick and easy to put together, as well as inexpensive.  And if I do say so myself...I think it makes a nice presentation as well. I hope this will help ease their transitions into a new phase of life.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take this for my birthday (or Christmas or Best Friends Day or any other holiday)! I'll even share : )

    ReplyDelete