Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Help Wanted!

A few years  ago I heard about Hilary Weeks.  Another mom at my church was talking about a particular song that was sung by Hilary Weeks.  I honestly didn't think much about it at the time.  Later that same week I was on itunes purchasing another song and decided to see if this Hilary Weeks lady had any songs on itunes.  I was surprised to find that she had quite a few songs available.  I purchased the one song that the other mom reccommended and my life changed. Seriously. 

Rewind.

I was having an awful year at school.  I had a class that I couldn't control, I didn't feel like I was an effective teacher, I took several "sick" days that year (something I had never done before in 8 years of teaching), and wondered if I was cut out to do the only thing I ever wanted to do. I cried more than once on my way home from school that year.

Enter Hilary Weeks and "He Hears Me." Something about this song spoke to me.  I felt reassured and more confident.  I still struggled.  I was still confused about what I was doing wrong. But I did not feel alone.  I remember feeling grateful for CD players.  I played this song so often I can't imagine a cassette tape would have lasted!

What can I say?  I believe everything happens for a reason.  I believe He did hear me...whining, crying, pleading.  And doors began to open.  I was accepted for an interview at the school where I always wanted to teach.  It was for a middle school language arts position.  During the process of interviews and hiring, the school board approved another position...middle school reading.  I was offered this position and accepted with tears in my eyes and a HUGE smile on my heart (and face).  Things DO happen for a reason.  We just can't always see the big picture.

Last year I had the opportunity to attend Time Out For Women, a christian women's conference.  There I listened to and personally met Hilary Weeks.  I have since purchased many of her CDs and have not been disappointed with any of them.  Why am I sharing this with you?  Just in case you want to help her out.  Here she is explaining how...

Hilary Weeks

If you would like to preoder her CD you can go here.  Mine is already ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment