Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mitt

Did you ever have that once in a lifetime experience?  I'm sure we've all had lots of them...attending Mardi Gras in New Orleans, New Year's Eve in NYC, Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany...what? You've never had any of these experiences?  Well, me neither!  But I did get to see Mitt Romney!  In person! What?  You don't think that's exciting?  He could be the next president!  And the tickets sold out in one day!  And I probably won't ever get that close to him again...making it a once in a lifetime experience!

A few weeks ago, our friends Dale and Sue mentioned that they just saw that Mitt Romney was going to be coming to our town.  We all said we should go and then joked that the tickets were probably $500 each and that it was probably already sold out.  But then we kept talking about it...what if????  So we looked up the press release and found out that the tickets were $50 each!  They put me in charge of trying to get us tickets, but no one got their hopes up.  SO the next morning I got up early and called to get tickets.  They told me they were short staffed and extremely busy.  If I could get there in 30 minutes they would hold my tickets.

Say What???  Hold my tickets?  That means I had tickets!  Yay ME!  So I booked it to the next town over to pick up my tickets.  We needed 7 tickets, costing $350.  But I could buy a table of 8 for the same price.  So that's what I did.  My sister, Kerry bought the extra one.

We were all so excited about being able to see Mitt Romney!




There were secret service guys everywhere!  It was so COOL!  Rodney was sure I was going to get thrown in jail, because I was stalking them looking for Mitt.  I just wanted to know what door he was coming in! I mean really...
They checked everything thoroughly before Mitt came on the stage...

And then...he was introduced as the next President of the United States!

I am pretty sure this is when he was looking right at me...I think he wanted to ask me to dance.  What?  A girl can dream, can't she?!?

They had to postpone eating until after Mitt spoke (and yes we are on a first name basis!) to accommodate his schedule.  We were sad that he had to leave. But I am convinced that he would have asked me to dance if he had time to stay.

Dinner was delicious...


And we finished it all of with an All-American dessert...
Here's to my once in a lifetime experience...which would have been better with just one dance with Mitt - not that I'm bitter!

Get out and vote!

2 comments:

  1. I bet he was searching the crowds, looking for me. If I would have been there, I bet there would have been dancing! Thanks for sharing your pics. of "hot" Mitt. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis, He was probably trying to find the lady with the camera and since you were the only one, that's why he was looking at you--put that darn camera away!! Since he's Mormon, he wouldn't have used a cuss word. Very exciting for you! If I was there, he probably would've come to shake my hand since me and his wife are on a first name basis and are in the "5 boys" club(what's her name again?)haha

    ReplyDelete